Reaching the required amount of physical activity on a weekly basis can sometimes be difficult, especially if you have been doing the same routine for a while. It’s times like these when finding some alternative activities to do can offer some variety into your week and help keep your motivation to move up!
Here are 8 different activities you can do that are great fun, will get you moving and can be done with family and friends. I’ve even included some local places to do them here on the Sunshine Coast.
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding – Ocean Addicts Cotton Tree
- Bouldering/Rock Climbing – Flow Bouldering Gym & Rockit Climbing Gym
- MT. Climbing – Mount Coolum, Mount Pomona or Mount Ngungun
- High Ropes Courses – Tree Top Challenge
- Bike Riding – Mudjimba to Maroochydore Track (Flat) or Parklands Nambour (Mountain Biking)
- Learn to Surf – Maroochy Surf School
- Kayaking – Swan Boat Hire Maroochydore
- Trail Walking – Noosa National Park or Kondalilla Falls
The best thing about all of these activities are they are inexpensive, easily accessible and can be done either by yourself or with friends and family.
For more information on pathways, tracks, trails, events and more you can check out the Sunshine Coast Councils websites:
Here is to a more active weekend.